I Joined A Community Today

Yup, I did it. I joined a community today. Actually it was last night when I didn't know what I was doing or why.

Looking back, and by that I mean waking up in the middle of the night for a snack and looking over my shoulder noticing the computer as I passed by. I wondered to myself the large number of possible connections this machine was connected to (ala the word connections).

David begins thinking
Then I had by bowl of Grape Nuts (dry, no milk, spoon optional) thinking of why I signed up. But, for those who have ever eaten dry Grape Nuts, you know they make really loud crunching sounds in your mouth which by the nature of proximity, then make a loud noise in your head. So, needless to say, (yes, I'm going to say it anyway), I couldn't really hear myself think of the reasons why I signed up on a whim.

Well, it's really not a whim. I've been a purchaser of Writer's Market off and on for years. (started with the 1984 edition for those keeping score at home or at work or at the coffee shop or at the baseball game or at the supermarket or the laundromat or where ever else technology connected to this site can take you.

There I go getting wordy. Is that a bad thing? Anyway, back to my trying to think without hearing myself think story.

The Turning Point
I went back to bed. Heck, I was tired and worn out with all that loud chewing messing with my mind. I needed some quiet time for me.

So when I woke up today, I noticed the computer once again looking at me. I thought about the possible connections and wondered what I could gain from this. Yes, as well as what unknown knowledge and lighthearted humorous-ish words I could share for the benefit of others. (That's just how I roll).

My question for you
So I wonder, from those who have been members out here longer than myself (that would be something like 15 hours), as well as those who have joined after me, how have you benefited from being in this group of writers, readers and folks who like using the letters of the alphabet?

Also, sorry, a 2nd question, what are/were you looking for in joining a commune? (ity)

For me, if this has been any indication, I have already written something in the form of a column and story and rambling, and hopefully a bit humorous. Of course, that is for others to think about.

Thanks for reading and contributing.

(NOTE: The community is at Writers Digest)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
David Stoddard

Follow me on Twitter twitter.com/djstoddard
Pick up the Kindle version of 200 Writing Prompts
Yorkie fan? Check out Terrific Yorkies.com

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment