Lazier Than My 3-Word Prompts. I Like That


There I was a few days ago roaming the web of the world that is wide, searching for items I would deem personally useful in my search for the answer to whatever questions I had that I didn't even know I had at the moment. WHEN!!!!!!!

I came across a quite fitting site of writing motivation. http://www. Oneword.com.

This is so perfect. Except I had the fleeting thought of my own “3 Simple Words” I had written. I thought I had the ultimate in unmotivatedness when it came to ideas to write about.

Now I find this.

One word. That's it. You get it each and every day.  And.... Get this.... You write about it for just 60 seconds. A single minute. .00069444 percent of a given day. (Why yes, I did just feel as if I was in an infomercial).

I thought to myself, Damn! I can handle writing for that long on a given topic without drifting off in some tangent totally unrelated to where it started.

The first word I got was ROCKET. My mind quickly went to a Kiss song of the 70s where they sing of put your hand in my pocket, grab onto my rocket. There I was avoiding writing about that (though no one would see what I was typing), and coming up with something stupid about whoever named a rocket a rocket.

That then went on to naming things and how that happens. Which then (obviously) lead to naming children (I don't get it either). Which then lead me to running out of time as I was just about to name the exact nominees for the Academy Awards. WOW!

Overall thought is it's a great site to get you writing quickly on something. It's pressure in 60 seconds. (And no, I can't prove if anyone can or can't read what you are typing on site for that minute), but it helps to think no one can.

Go for it. Give it a try. See what you come up with.

Here is your first “word.”

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz. 

If you need help with pronunciation, here is Big Bird to assist.



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
David Stoddard
The Unmotivated Motivational Writer www.djstoddard.com
Follow me on Twittertwitter.com/imdavidstoddard or Facebook
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment