What We Learn From Baby New Year

Less than 48 hours away until the new year.

I know, that isn't exactly a news flash for anyone, but I just thought I would warn ya just in case you've lost track of time.

See my smiling friend to the left, that's Baby New Year for those who remember (or are lucky enough to share the movie with your own children)

When I came across his picture, something in me forced me to look into his eyes and see what he was thinking about. Who is he, and what does he have to teach us?

I don't know what he would say (he didn't talk much in the movie), but here is just a quick list of what came to mind while looking at him.

Arms Wide Open:
Be accepting to things, people, places, adventures, gifts (that's a personal one for me). Things are going to come your way which you may not feel you are ready for, but accept them, embrace them, and take it all it to get moving.

Big Ears: Listen for opportunities which may have just been a whisper or just something you heard in passing.

It's been said before, you have 2 ears and 1 mouth, listen twice as much as you speak... there might be some deep philosophical truth to that.

Eyes Wide Open: See things with new eyes, wide eyes (not necessarily blue eyes, though I am biased for them).

Look at things from different perspectives, various points of view, new angles, new frames of mind. See things as they are, not as they were. See things as they could be, not as they are.

Big Head: There is plenty of room in there for so many ideas, so many new experiences, more knowledge than you have any idea about. Be open minded more this year than before. Over time, we learn that what we thought was right, the best way or whatever, time will prove that there is always something better and different.

Be Naked: Ok, not necessarily literally. Let the real you shine. Put yourself out there, let the world see who you are, what you have to offer. Learn from what others may say. Accept complements and learn from criticisms (constructive ones that seem to mean something, just just mean ones that say something).

Round Cheeks: Nope, has nothing to do with the previous Be Naked. (you should be spanked for thinking that). Start the year off smiling, BIG! I know it's tough these days. (Sensing clichés coming). There are better days ahead, the best is yet to come, this is the year, now is the time, I'm gonna _______________ this year.

I'm not a huge fan of New Year's Resolutions, but they are better than having nothing to look ahead to at all. So go ahead, fill in the blank (add more, please) for what you would like to accomplish,acquire, build upon or gain this year.

The Hair: Umm! I got nuttin. But I am more than open to your ideas, my ears are big so I will listen, my eyes are wide open, so I'll see what you come up with, I'm smiling thinking about the possibilities which will be mentioned, and naked.. hmmmm yeah. sure. :-)

Happy New Year!
Feliz Navidad!

---David

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
David Stoddard
Laugh a bit and get out of your own way at
www.getouttayourway.com
Balance your business-life and your life-life with us at http://www.biz-e-life.com/
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment