Direction Unknown: But Feel Pulled In One (or against one)

It has been a trying past couple of weeks for me.

Life at the day job has not necessarily gone in the direction which is in the best of interests for yours truly. Despite all of the talk and jibber-jabber (looks funny to type that) of working with one's supervisor about goals and what direction one is interested in, none of that was discussed w/me. Just pick me and and plop me where you need me.

Who's fault is it?


I guess it's mine in a way. I have always been one of those folks who went with the flow. Where someone mentioned they need help over here or over there doing this or that, I went along (nearly totally) willingly.

And this was o.k. What I was doing seemed to be moving me forward (or at least sideways) in something I was interested in and could benefit from.

But now, the situation seems to have turned into one where no one is listening, paying attention, caring, feeling my pain, thinking of just their immediate wants, or perhaps just doesn't know.... period!

In Search Of...

It's funny in a way that because of this, I have yet again come across something I don't want to be, do, have, or are interested in. It took me back to the first ebook I put together "In Search Of Ourselves."

In the 6 short chapters, it talks about learning who we are by understanding who we are not. We all know what it is we don't want... but what then do we want? What we want to be, do, have, etc... can be a tougher question.

So to get started, write about that...

  • Write about what you don't want to eat...
  • What you don't want to own...
  • What you don't want to do...
  • Where you don't want to work...
  • What you don't want to wear...
  • What you don't want to watch...

Now.... What DO you want..... Same questions as above.

Lastly, write about your own struggles of being pulled in different directions by others. Who is not listening? Who is not caring? Who you can look to to guide you? Who understands you? Who cares what direction you want to head in?

I'll be here caring, understanding and trying to get my own attitude in gear.

--David


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
David Stoddard

Follow me on Twitter twitter.com/djstoddard
Pick up the Kindle version of 200 Writing Prompts
Balance your biz-life and your life-life at www.biz-e-life.com
Yorkie fan? Check out Terrific Yorkies.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment