I've Been Busy Doing - umm - Stuff

Do you remember me, for I remember you. (Sorry. no singing by me).


Ok, I admit, it has once again been a while since I posted on here. But I can explain. I've been doing stuff. A lot of stuff as a matter of fact. It is all this other stuff which has kept me from getting more done, moving forward, posting here, adding things to Facebook and providing more entertainment for folks to read or look at.

So now I shall open the floor to questions:

Question #1: Yes, you have been away a while David. But what kind of stuff have you been doing instead of sharing your unique and almost useful information with the rest of us?

David's long-winded response:

Great question. Just this month alone (June for those who like me didn't notice until recently the year is nearly half over), I have done the following stuff(s):

  • Cut grass 3 times
  • Washed the car 1 time
  • Walked up stairs in some fashion 184 times
  • Walked down related stairs in some fashion 373 times
  • Taken an elevator unknown times
  • Typed on the computer a lot
  • Turned on the laptop computer at home 8 times
  • Did something useful on the laptop computer 1/2 time
  • Played Mario Kart on the Nintendo DS probably 14 times
  • Checked out a book from the library 4 times
  • Returned said books to the library 3 times (1 still not due yet)
  • Ate way more than I care to admit
  • Had a glass or 2 of H2O
  • Had more sodas than my mother would prefer me to have
  • Went to the day job thing (almost always on time)
  • Drove home from the day job thing
  • Went shopping for a lot of unnecessary stuff
  • Looked at files containing ideas of the past for will be worked on in the future
  • Closed said files containing ideas of the past for what will be worked on in the future withoug doing anything with them
  • Went to sleep nightly
  • Woke up usually in the mornings
Well, you get the idea. I have been swamped with stuffs that I was doing.  Next question...

Question #2:  David, that's great you did so much. It even gives me the urge to drink some water and find my Super Nintendo game system (but that's a different issue). But aren't those things you had done just excuses for not doing something more beneficial, substantial, and some other words that end in "ial"?

David's shorter response..

Um. Well I like to think that returning the books to the library was beneficial (saved me 10 cents per day per book if they were overdue). And the sleeping thing is important. (Tried to get in 8 hours).

Question #2b: Well, yeah. I suppose. But shouldn't you have been doing more writing? More creating? More making funny (or at least sillyish) stuff up to share? Maybe even just taken time to read your own 200 Writing Prompts ebook and done some of those?

David types his answer here...

Oh writing... yes. I remember it now. I am a writer. I do type and put letters together to form words which hopefully become semi-accurate sentences and paragraphs. You are so right. But I was busy.... Umm, see question #1... Duh!!  :-)

Question #3, 4 & 5: But why haven't you written (dare I say) anything? I know you just said you were busy. But isn't writing something important to you? Something you are pretty good at? Something you have done throughout the years though it may not have been part of what your "job was about?


David's shortest answers of the year...


Yes.
Probably
(sobbing).... yes

Kick in the tail #1:  Then get busy writing. Get your tail in that chair, or some other chair, or a bench or a tree stump or an ottoman, or a counter, or a picnic table or the top of a slide, or a boat, or an old tire or the top of a minivan, or the hood of a 1965 Chevy truck or just stand there even, and get to writing. Better yet, get to typing. No one can read your handwriting.

David coming to his senses...

Good point. (well, mostly about the handwriting part). But yea. you are right. Getting myself in gear again to share stuffs on here is important as well as putting longer things together is a pretty cool idea as well.

But I am a bit busy at the moment getting dressed to go to the park so I can sit on that slide you talked about. So can I start a little later? Or can I count this blog post as when I got my tail back in gear and wrote something useful, or silly or funny or just wrote something that is something written?

Question, I mean reply #1: Sure. Just stick with what we, I mean you, started.



David's conclusion...

Boy, you sound somewhat like that One Minute Manager guy I read about a few years back. In it, the guy the manager guru guy was working with shares his thoughts and observations at the end. So I guess I need to do that here.

In all honesty, I have written things here and there. Just nothing for the world at large (or large world).

As for future projects (and yes, I am torn about sharing or not sharing), so I shall share the really high view of things coming out down the road.

  • I am working on another book of writing prompts. It will be somewhat like "200 Writing Prompts" but with more prompts and even introductions to the different sections of prompt type entries. (so yes, there will actually be some writing in this one instead of just a list of 200 sentences - or non sentences in some cases).
  • I will be cleaning up this blog to have things relate to the new ideas floating in my head as to what this actually is about. Is it about writing? Is it motivational? Is it humorous? Is it all of the above hopefully? We all shall see whenever that works itself out.
  • I have several titles in mind for upcoming books (see, told you it was a really high view). Despite all the talk about ebooks someday taking over and paper books being kinda gone, I do wish to have an actual paper book available. So that is a goal for this year or somewhere along the way for next.
Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it for now.

Hope to talk to you in less than 2 months from now. That question guy was getting to really be a pain. But I suppose he/she/it is right. After all, there is a duty.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
David Stoddard
The Unmotivated Motivational Writer
Friend me on Facebook by clicking here.
Pick up the Kindle version of 200 Writing Prompts
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment