Twelve Days Ago I....

Ok, I admit I haven't done 1 lick of yoga since the last post. (and for those really concerned, nope. Not even 1 bit of yogurt either).

As for the writing 800 words per day thing...?

Nope. I don't think I have actually managed that every one of the past 12 days. I've probably said 800 words each of those days. Heck, there were 3 days where I was performing in an empty lecture hall to a vast audience of invisible (but highly attentive) folks.

I heard them cheering at all the right moments, laughing at mostly the right moments. And, get this, only 2 people threw bagels at me. (Tomatoes would have made too much of a mess I suppose). Oh, I did have 1 heckler, but that was me pretty much throughout the presentations. (That's for another story at another time).

As for the actual presentations themselves, they went well. Folks came out of there feeling better than when they went into the room. I just hope it isn't because they were glad they finally got to leave or something like that. I feel that everyone in the room learned a lot.

First, don't count on technology working perfectly. Computers can log you out in 2 minutes if you are not paying attention and then you keep entering the wrong password to stay logged in because you forgot who ou signed in as until it's too late.

Second, notes are helpful, especially if you were counting on your PowerPoint presentation to be your notes and it up and doesn't work at a given moment when the computer kicks you out. (see previous sentence).

Third, it's probably better if you have stuffed animals sitting in the front row to play the role of people instead of the invisible. It gives you the actual ability to have eye contact with your audience this way.

Finally, kinda like this post, it helps if the topic you were presenting on started and ended relating to each other. Here I am, ending this talking of a presentation when it began with not doing yoga, yogurt, yachting, yodeling or playing Yahtzee. Notice I didn't say yacking. :-)


Photo courtesy of Luriete 


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
David Stoddard
The Unmotivated Motivational Writer
Follow me on Twitter twitter.com/djstoddard
Pick up the Kindle version of 200 Writing Prompts
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment