Search And Ye Shall Find... Something

Note: I came across this posting from several years ago on a separate blog I had started (and wrote in for about two months). I post it here because not only do I need something to post and this is easier than writing something new, but it is still how I am at times even today.

I was digging around stacks of papers last night searching for the columns I had written for the Alton Telegraph a couple of years back.

I came across old magazines, papers with scratched out notes, past issues of the newsletter, printouts of ebooks, and even a few quotes I had come across over the years which were in sheet protectors. I made those for my own bits of inspiration over the years.

But in the process of my search, I came across a small collection of pages. Ramblings of sorts which I vaguely remember writing some 5+ years ago. They were written at a time when I wasn't necessarily sure of what in the world I was doing. Some would say this hasn't changed much since then.

I wrote of writing. What it was, what it meant, how I started to do it despite really not liking English classes growing up, and even why I didn't do it even though I felt that is what I was meant to do.

I wrote of my own expert status of being indecisive. I still think it has something with being a Gemini (and born on a Monday none the less).


I wrote of the future and what it could be, should be, but not quite what I intended to make it be.

In the end, I never found the prints of the columns I was looking for. But in some strange way, I found something even more important. Those pages reminded me of who I was, and that I am still that same person. But it also allowed me to see that I am different as well. Older, maybe wiser in a sense, but still always searching for the answers for a better tomorrow

I've got a question...

  • What have you been searching for? 
  • Something to do?
  • Somewhere to go?
  • Friends?
  • A good job?
  • That lost sock from the dryer? 

Or something more important...... yourself).

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
David Stoddard
The Unmotivated Motivational Writer www.djstoddard.com
Follow me on Twitter twitter.com/djstoddard or Facebook
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment