A Never-Ending Question


It’s a popular open-ended question which has helped change the world, make the seemingly impossible, possible. It has helped bring the unmotivated into leaders. It has helped creative people who may have been blocked for lengthy periods of time, come back with fresh views, ideas, aspirations and more creative ways of doing what they do.

What if… is the starting point to countless questions in any given area. And it works for writers as well. For me, and for this list, it’s about getting ideas and sitting one’s tail in a chair to actually write again.

What if…
   1. …I got up 30 minutes earlier?
   2. …I would exercise for just 10 simple minutes a day?
   3. …I bring the tools of my trade with me everywhere I go?
   4. …I would edit those pieces I wrote 4 years ago and sent them out?
   5. …I sold something I wrote?
   6. …I could sit myself down and actually write every day?
   7. …My teachers were write when they said I wrote well?
   8. …My teachers were wrong then they said my writing sucked?
   9. …I could make writing more a part of my job duties?
  10. …I go to the park, bring a voice recorder, talk about what I see, feel, smell and hear?
  11. …while I am still at the park, I recorded my thoughts about what I wanted to write?
  12. …I recorded ideas I had for possible greeting cards, bumper stickers, buttons and the like which I could send off to some places, or even design myself for Cafe Press?
  13. …I just sat and recorded ideas I had for different books, booklets, articles, chapters, plays, videos, blogs and poems?
  14. …I would just write instead of wondering What If…?

What are your What if… questions you have asked yourself over the years?
--David

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
David Stoddard
The Unmotivated Motivational Writer
Follow me on Twitter twitter.com/djstoddard
Pick up the Kindle version of 200 Writing Prompts
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment