Ellen Shares My Procrastination Problem(s)

I know what you're thinking... But David, you are writing stuff from time to time. You are getting things done. Words are being put together into sentences and then small paragraphs. You can not possibly have a problem with procrastination... (and no, we, your adorable readers, will not mention the periods of time between your posts... It's our secret with ya dude).

Well, thank you. All of you who allowed me to type for you just then. But it is true. There are so many things I need to be doing. Want to be doing, but just don't get around to it.

As Ellen will explain to you, my steps may be different, but her skills of procrastination are on video to be shared with you now. Please enjoy and learn from our busy lives.





~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
David Stoddard
The Unmotivated Motivational Writer
Twitter:twitter.com/imdavidstoddard
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

10 comments:

  1. LOL! Ellen, I love you. And I feel the same way, David. I have the procrastination problem too. It kept me from committing to my writing for 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristy,

    Ellen is awesome (it's ok for a guy to say that, right)? She did show how one's writing life can be like and that's not too much of a joke. I've been fighting the writing thing off and on for years. It's like if I want to write, why don't / haven't I done it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. good stuff. It took me about 45 minutes to actually come back and post my comment because I got distracted by all the other Ellen videos...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo funny, David! Smoker's Teeth Yellow? ... who thinks of this stuff? Thanks for sharing. I tweeted you all over creation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! Which is why I've been up for just about an hour, haven't showered, haven't dressed and haven't even opened my WIP. Ugh! Got to get moving in the direction I planned to move this morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laird,

    I was the same way. I don't know how many times I had to hit the back button once I found this video on procrastination. Ohh that Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jodi,

    Umm, Ellen thought of it... :-D It is strange timing since I was in the paint department over the weekend. It is a good question as to who are the folks who name these paints. I am still a fan of off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carrie,

    I kinda go through this routine on a near daily basis. Get up, do a bunch of unrelated stuff, go back to bed... Then wonder what I was supposed to be working on and feel bad about it (over and over again). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have I reached the home of the procrastinators? Sounds like it-feels comfortable. Okay, who doesn't love Ellen--yeah loved that smoker's teeth white. Thanks for fun post, David.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cora,

    Glad you liked it. I would say I wrote her speech, but since I probably would never have gotten around to doing that, I can't say I did. :-)

    ReplyDelete