Note from the Groundhog - Please Let Me Sleep

photo: Punxsutawney Area Community Center 

Dear people of earth.

It's February 2nd, 2012.

I know I am cute, adorable and down-right totally friggin awesome. 

But It's 6 O'clock in the friggin morning.

Next year, can I just make a suggestion and have you kind, cute, adorable (and down-right totally friggin awesome in your own way) people just let me sleep? Thad be great. Thanks.

Oh. And if you want to know how many weeks of winter remain, can ya check a calendar or something? Depending on which kind you get, the date of the 1st day of spring (meaning end of winter) is probably marked on it.

Go ahead. Take a look. I'll wait. (Hint, it's probably in about 6 weeks or so - give or take)...

Thanks for reading. We're still cool, right?

Awesome.

Peace....

"the Groundhog"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
David Stoddard
The Unmotivated Motivational Writer
Twitter: twitter.com/imdavidstoddard
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

6 comments:

  1. Very cute blog. Laughing here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cora,

    Thanks for visiting.

    What can I say, I am part cold furry squirrel-like creature who would prefer to sleep instead of being awakened by folks with TV cameras and bright lights asking me to look on the ground for a shadow. Dudes, I'm not awake yet and you are blinding me with those lights...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of shadows here in IL today. But the weather is so amazing that if the next 6 weeks are like this I'll take it.
    Diana
    www.pencildancer.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana,

    Here in St. Louis, things are pretty much the same as they are for you folks. A comfy (shh, don't tell anyone we approve of this) 65°. It's tough, but willing to suffer like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny!! I went to Punxatawny for Groundhogs Day in college and found it really amusing. The result that year? An early spring--in just six short weeks.
    In actuality, it was just one big party, and I had a blast, but I talked to some residents, and they confirmed that it is 6 weeks either way--the only difference is how it is phrased. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi S.M.

    I saw some video a while back (not sure why I was looking up Groundhog day then) where folks are dancin and carrying on. Having a great party from what was in the video.

    It's a bit different than what they show with the folks in the top hats when the guest of honor appears.

    ReplyDelete