A List To Live By

When I was putting together my first ebook, ‘Que Sera Sera – The book,’ I wanted to put something in there that would pretty much sum things up. Its one thing to gather columns and put them in a collection, but it is another to have something concise that gives people short sayings to live by.

This list is what I wrote for the back of the ebook. Think of each of the 26 as a piece of advice or in a few of the cases, a MUST DO to live your life as it should be.

With all that is going on in the world as we speak, it’s necessary to understand that we most likely won’t be able to change that. But we can change ourselves. And this is how to begin.

I know it has probably been posted before in another blog I've had over time, but figured it is just as relevant now as before.

A = Abandon what you have thought in the past
B = Believe that life can and will be better
C = Create the world you always imagined
D = Decide today to do what you want to do
E = Eat your veggies
F = Find others who will support you and you them
G = Go out there and get it
H = Have a great day, week, month, year and life
I = I am only one, but I am all I need
J = Join a group that gets you involved in something
K = Keep your eyes on the prize
L = Learn to live like a kid again
M = Make the most of those must-dos
N = Never say never
O = Open your eyes to all that is possible
P = Plan, prepare, partake and prevail
Q = Quit waiting for that perfect moment, no such thing
R = Read David’s books and articles
S = Sing as if no one will hear
T = Today is all you are guaranteed
U = Unveil the you that you once outgrew
V = Visit a children’s hospital when the world’s not fair
W = Write down what you want to accomplish
X = X-amine your thoughts and dreams more often
Y = You are in control of more than you can imagine
Z = Zip up, and get ready for the time of your life



 --David

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
David Stoddard
The Unmotivated Motivational Writer
Twitter: twitter.com/imdavidstoddard
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

5 comments:

  1. That's a long list. I think it would take me a life time to do all of them.
    Diana
    www.pencildancer.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I agree with 95% (give or take) of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the list, but like Diana, I don't have high hopes for achieving all of them any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana,
    I don't know how possible all of them are to get done in a given lifetime... But it is worth giving them a shot. (Even the part about veggies).

    Jodi Lea,
    Tell me it's the veggies you are not totally agreeing with. :-)

    Liv,
    You said it all.

    Sara,
    I know the feeling. It's one of those never-ending lists I suppose. Once you think you got something licked, something else comes up and bites ya into thinking otherwise.

    ReplyDelete