Boy if that isn't the truth.
Well, actually, maybe not so much the truth as an excuse as how and/or why I haven't written anything here since Christmas.
Was I recovering from mass consumption of liquored eggnog?
Did all the gifts I receive weigh me down too much?
Was I bad during the year that Santa didn't bring me my wildly anticipated collection of Weird Al DVDs?
Now while I would love to say at least 1 of those were true, I don't believe any of them were. Though that first one would have been tempting... minus the egg and nog.
Actually I have been busy buying books. (and yes, for those who know me, I have actually read parts of them). And yes, I took my girlfriend and her daughter to the Weird Al concert last Friday at the Family Arena in St. Charles. (That's how I roll).
Books bought this year include: (no affiliate links included)
- “A Brilliant Novel in the Works” by Yuvi Zalkow
- “Whiskey-Pissing Unicorns: How to Lose or Quit Your Job and Become a Badass Writer” by Lisa Creech Bledsoe and Sonja Foust
- “Bagels, Dirty Limericks, and Martinis: The Badass Guide to Writing Your First Book” by Lisa Creech Bledsoe and Sonja Foust
- “How to Write aNonfiction eBook in 21 Days - That Readers LOVE!” by Steve Scott
- “How I Wrote 2 eBooks in 21 Days; Damn Funny. Seriously” by Glen Stanford
- “Miss Minimalist: Inspiration to Downsize, Declutter, and Simplify” by Francine Jay
- “Burst Productivity: How You Can Get It Done Now” by Dennis Crosby
- “Creative Writing Strategies: Writing Exercises Workbook” by Marjorie J. McDonald
- “30 Days to Unlock Your Creative Writing Brilliance: Creative Writing Ideas, Exercises, and Tips to Ignite the Fire of Your Creative Genius” by Katie Cavanaugh
- “Shut Up & Write!” by Judy Bridges
So yes, I have been stalling quiet well with the writing portion of being a writer, at least with how this blog gets along. And no, I haven't made it all the way through any of the above books (just bought Yuvi's today, so give me a break on that one).
With that in mind, I hope by reading some portions of these I am able to give that activity credit for this post being written.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to the eggnog-less eggnog I just got last night.